Carving Demonstration

Woodcarving Worksite

The communal cowshed and dairy was built in 1641 and retains many original medieval features. Until 1977 it stood on the alp about 1,700m above sea-level near Damuls in Bregenzerwald and served around 80 farmers from Schwarzenberg who used the alp for summer pastures. When the farmers decided they needed modern facilities, the old building was dismantled and moved to the Open Air Museum in Stubing.

World Wood Day